Today is all about the wonderful Michelle Gemmel behind the awesome brand @memeloudesigns
1) How did Memelou come about? I have always loved greeting cards and always wanted to design them but I fell in to designing fashion after graduating from university and then on to homewares for a few years. Eventually the need to design cards became a must and I decided that was it, I would start up my own greeting card business and design cards that I love and hopefully everyone else will love too.
2) As a kid, what did you want to be when you were older? A popstar. I love music and always watched top of the pops as a kid. That world just looked incredible to me. The other thing was to be a flying unicorn with a glitter mane!
3) Who is your inspiration? This is a funny one… it’s Kylie Minogue. I absolutely love her. Despite her fame she’s always remained a very kind and caring person. She’s constantly changing her look and style to evolve over time, she’s beautiful, looks amazing at 50 and she’s overcome personal difficulties with dignity and grace plus I love her music!
4) What would be your most amazing adventure to go on? I’m quite a spontaneous person and don’t really plan things so an adventure for me would be something I’ve not planned on doing and seeing what path that takes me on. I like not knowing what lays ahead in life. I feel like life is one big adventure and it really excites me.
5) What's you favourite song? Well it has to be a Kylie Minogue song. "What do I have to do” It’s poppy, fun and a proper 90’s tune. It reminds me of being a kid and singing into my hair brush.
6) Who would play you in a movie? Ooh tough one as there’s loads of actresses I love but I’d probably have to go with Jennifer Anniston, she’s funny, quirky and I’ve heard she’s a really sweet person. Plus she has the best hair!
7) What advice would you give your younger self? Believe in yourself, be true to yourself, speak up and don’t listen to what people think.